Green/Bold Button Filler

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from InvisibleMan

InvisibleMan

Here's a button filler that I finished up over the weekend

Green/Gold marbled PR
#5 gilded Bock nib
12mm cap threads

I beveled the blind cap seam with hopes that it will eliminate potential for future sharp edges.

Thanks for looking:) C/C welcome as always:

Green with Gold Marble - Pens by Lyle Ross

6008169_orig.jpg

6528632_orig.jpg

2949929_orig.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

Now that is really impressive.

One question: How did you cast the clip into the cap then turn it?:confused:

I'm kidding of course. But that seam is almost invisible . . . . like you:wink:.

I'm still fascinated how you get that web effect in PR. But another great pen.

And a great signature line too. :rotfl:

InvisibleMan

Thanks everybody!

Very nice pen, Lyle! I love the material. You made a nice grip for the section, considering you had to go long because of the Bock holder--looks kind of vintage.

Heh yeah. The section actually isn't terribly long, but looks that way because of the shape of the pen. It's like an iceberg. You can't see most of the section - there's about 7.5inches of threads:biggrin:. I had a brief period of panic when I pulled the nib out of its box. I had forgotten how long that housing is, and how tiny the threads are. In the end, I went with epoxy. That's just how I'm handling #5 Bocks from now on...

Last edited:

SDB777

Looks like you have been done this all your life. Fit-n-finish on every piece is top-notch stuff.

Do you use a different tap for threading the little pieces, would think that a typical 60* tapered tap would be a pain?

Scott (cool blank too) B

drgoretex

I like this pen as much here as I did when I saw it elsewhere. And just to clarify, that's a LOT. Beautiful work, especially making the button filler and all. Gorgeous material!

Ken

Top Bottom