Greek wild olive wood - rootstock rest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mik

Status
Not open for further replies.

mik

The Orchard, Milton Lane, Wookey Hole, Somerset, U
I had just enough to squeeze a rest of of this small burl in the root ball. The tree had been struck by lightning and was well stressed, at least a small part will be with us for - hopefully - a while yet!!

The variety is "Manaki" and comes from the high slopes in the Pelopennese, Greece.

20054315576_rest6.jpg

Thank you for viewing

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
How about we just make it an IAP and we all meet there [:)][:p][:)]

..any limit on how many suitcases we can bring back[}:)][:D]

..by the way...beautifull pen and rest MiK..!!

mik

Hey Guys - thanks!

Seriously though - if you want to get up a group of turners - why not come out!! There is plenty of local accommodation!

I can make all the arrangements all you need is a flight out
- yes and you will feast, bath and eat the GWOW!!! Plus some fun of course.

The suitcases need to arrive empty and be very sturdy!![8D][8D]

Absolutely a gorgeous pen and rest. I really like the grain that pops out. As far as the trip, wouldn't it be a lot cheaper for you to come here w/ suitcases fille with GOW?

Thumbs

[:(!] I am so envious! [V] Of cous, of cous, it goes without saying! [:p] That's why I'm not saying it![:p] I don't speak Greek either, obviously! But I appreciate beauty, Grecian or otherwise! And that's a <b>beautiful</b> pen and setting!

Thumbs

Oooh! I like pastorbill's idea![:D] Bring some of that fabulous feast food, too! (Mr. Cavanaugh need not respond about how much food I need either!)
-------------------------------
<b>No!</b>[}:)] I'm not a termite, no matter what William says, I meant real Greek food goodies![;)]

mik

Hey - now I do not need an excuse to get to the States - I have never been there.

I was asked to do a tour demonstrating to turners and for clients etc.,in March, but alas my order book stopped it!!

It would be good to visit - later in the year - after my season finishes - November time.

Thanks

Woodnknots

Are you any where near Corfu or Rhodes? Just wondering, because I sometimes stop there when on deployment with the Navy. It'd be nice to know a fellow turner there. Your work is very nice, BTW.

mik

Originally posted by daveturns05
<br />Are you any where near Corfu or Rhodes? Just wondering, because I sometimes stop there when on deployment with the Navy. It'd be nice to know a fellow turner there. Your work is very nice, BTW.

Unfortunately its far in the West the Ionian - a good 5hrs drive form us in The Aegean!!

Rifleman1776

Excuses not needed or accepted. In the Arkansas Ozarks, Casa Fusco is always open. Three years ago I extended that invite to a then e-friend living in England on a discussion list for historical firearms. Voila, he showed up for the muzzle loading deer season here. Had a great two week visit. He went back home after sealing many 'Yank' friendships.

Originally posted by mik
<br />Hey - now I do not need an excuse to get to the States - I have never been there.

I was asked to do a tour demonstrating to turners and for clients etc.,in March, but alas my order book stopped it!!

It would be good to visit - later in the year - after my season finishes - November time.

Thanks

lkorn

When In Virgnia Beach, you'll be welcome here. We have a very active turning club, several penmakers (most are on this site), and lots of US History. Our beaches are nice but not as nice as yours.

Larry

Originally posted by mik
<br />OOPs!! I did'nt thank you all for your great comments - yes and I will be coming over to the States sometime!!

Anyone with accommodation on offer?

Thanking you all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom