The Great Pretender

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Houtkop

Houtkop

An experiment, a Slimline masquerading as something else. The black sections is African Blackwood and the centre section one of the 100's of species known as Ironwood. This one is Oleo Capensis, so a better name would be Cape Olive wood, The turned a little thinner than I wanted it to be due to the blank splitting near the end of turning it down to size. This is what I could get out. Centre band is a section of 10 mm brass rod and the clip section two 6mm washers.

Attachments

• Needle1.jpg
    Needle1.jpg
    350.4 KB · Views: 275
  • Needle2.jpg
    Needle2.jpg
    349.1 KB · Views: 210
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

I like what you have done there !! Congratulations. Is it a Berea slimline?

Is the overall length of the pen longer than the original slimline kit would make ?
It looks to be that way because of the black "extension" above the clip.

Houtkop

Standard Slimline

Is the overall length of the pen longer than the original slimline kit would make ?

Hi Mal

It is a generic slimline kit, most probably made by Daycom. The length of the pen is exactly the same as the standard slimline pens. I had to enlarge the hole in the clip to fit over the tube.

Charles

magpens

Thanks for your reply, Charles. . It truly is a lovely pen and an original design by you.

Hi Mal

It is a generic slimline kit, most probably made by Daycom. The length of the pen is exactly the same as the standard slimline pens. I had to enlarge the hole in the clip to fit over the tube.

Charles

Top Bottom