A great blank from Follow3 - Utopias Shores

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from toolcrazy

toolcrazy

At least that is what I call it. Not sure what the wood is, but I think it turned out cool. Steve did a nice job on the blank. He sent it for me to experiment with some finishing alternatives, but that failed. Ended up finishing it with CA. All comments welcome.
200842752958_peach_hybrid_cigar_front.jpg

200842753027_peach_hybrid_cigar_side1.jpg

20084275325_peach_hybrid_cigar_side_two.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GaryMGg

I wonder if that's some of the spalted sapwood cherry w/ bark inclusions I sent him when he wanted worthless wood to cast? The grain looks right.
Nice lookin' pen, whatever it is. [8D]

follow3

Awesome job on the pen Steve!!! Sweet name also!!!

The blank is Cooliba burl and 2 shades of PR colored with my own special pearl powders.

I will be listing some of these blanks in different colors in the near future. If anyone is interested, shoot me a PM with color requests and I will start a list.

Thanks,
Steve

follow3

Hey Gary,

That is not the Cherry. I sent you all I cast from that wood. I haven't had time to cast any that I kept for myself. Have you turned any of those blanks yet? I sent you some of this same burl cap. I also sent you some cast with some Dogwood that I had set aside for something special.

Steve

Originally posted by GaryMGg

I wonder if that's some of the spalted sapwood cherry w/ bark inclusions I sent him when he wanted worthless wood to cast? The grain looks right.
Nice lookin' pen, whatever it is. [8D]

mitchm

Stunning!!! Where do you get the amazing blanks I see on IAP? In South Africa there are no suppliers of blanks, only timber boards. As for acrylics, I have tried to cast using fibreglass resin but it is quite pathetic even if coloured. I need to go chat to my bank manager for a huge loan!!

Mike

toolcrazy

Originally posted by follow3

Awesome job on the pen Steve!!! Sweet name also!!!

The blank is Cooliba burl and 2 shades of PR colored with my own special pearl powders.

I will be listing some of these blanks in different colors in the near future. If anyone is interested, shoot me a PM with color requests and I will start a list.

Thanks,
Steve

Thanks for the great blank. I'm hoping to turn the green blank this weekend, I'll put that onto a euro.

And thanks to all of you for the kind words.

GaryMGg

Originally posted by follow3
...Have you turned any of those blanks yet? I sent you some of this same burl cap. I also sent you some cast with some Dogwood that I had set aside for something special.
Steve,
I haven't had time to do anything; I'm in the throws of an office move that's taking 110% of my time. I hope to do a little turning next week.
Thanks.

Top Bottom