Grape Wood Jr

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from maxman400

maxman400

I stopped by a Yard sale yesterday and found a Grape wood pot hanger for $4, I took it home and cut some pieces off of it and Cast them in Clear Alumilite at 60 PSI. This is one of the four blanks that I ended up with. The inside is painted dark blue, there is a couple of thin spots in the paint where the tube kinda shows through giving it an aqua color. It has a CA finish sanded to 1500, MM to 12000 then plastix polished. It is on a gold Jr. Gent.
Any Comments Welcome, Thanks for looking. :biggrin:
Same yard sale I got the stand from. :biggrin:

Attachments

• grape wood 004_edited-1.jpg
    grape wood 004_edited-1.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 274
  • grape wood 014_edited-1.jpg
    grape wood 014_edited-1.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 353
  • grape wood 029_edited-1.jpg
    grape wood 029_edited-1.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 261
  • grape wood 033_edited-1.jpg
    grape wood 033_edited-1.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 241
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxman400

Thanks everyone for the great feedback, it is hard to capture a good photo of this pen. Because it is cast in clear you can look right down inside and see the wood, it is like looking at wood under water. I think I will be doing more casting in clear.

Rfturner

Great Job I have turned about a dozen pens from grapevine if you want a cheap source go to home depot in the plant section, they are usally marketed either for pets or as decoration, I can find it for $5-14 depending on the size. The wood is very nice looking although it does have a tendecy to split and make good sections not very fun.

Top Bottom