A Gran Torino TruCard™ Watch part pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from longbeard

longbeard

This is a collaboration between Patterson Grant and myself. The pen components are a Gran Torino with one of Patterson Grant's Tru-Card™ blanks along with watch parts that I added and then casted. I then let him have the honors (the hard stuff ) of turning, polishing and assembling.

PSX_20180920_193422.jpg

PSX_20180920_193402.jpg

Harry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

moke

Awesome job......I had a rich friend buy a watch from Frank Mueller ( the company that made the watch Face). My friend commissioned a watch and they presented it in Monte Carlo. My friend footed the bill to take us there, so I made about 10 various Nouveau pens, and he gave them as gifts to them.
( It's good to have a wealthy friend )

The Photo attached is from left to right:
the watch maker, my friend, the European manager (holding my pen), Franck Mueller and me. About two weeks after the photo was taken Franck went to a French Prison for 3 months for tax evasion.

Your pen is very well done, and the Gand Torino is one of my favorite kit....well done.

This is just some dumb trivia, but Franck is quite a character!

Attachments

• Franck.jpg
    Franck.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

jttheclockman

Nice job on the pen. The age old question comes into play with a kit like this. First to put hands on the dial. I am in the camp that all watch dials should have hands. All watches come with hands. Second is which way to face the dial?? I am in the camp of the dial should face down when writing with it. Matter of choice I guess. Those are always nice dials. I have quite a few that will be using on higher end kits. This was a nice combination and abit different from what you usually see. Thanks for showing.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Awesome job......I had a rich friend buy a watch from Frank Mueller ( the company that made the watch Face). My friend commissioned a watch and they presented it in Monte Carlo. My friend footed the bill to take us there, so I made about 10 various Nouveau pens, and he gave them as gifts to them.
( It's good to have a wealthy friend )

The Photo attached is from left to right:
the watch maker, my friend, the European manager (holding my pen), Franck Mueller and me. About two weeks after the photo was taken Franck went to a French Prison for 3 months for tax evasion.

Your pen is very well done, and the Gand Torino is one of my favorite kit....well done.

This is just some dumb trivia, but Franck is quite a character!

Awesome story Mike. I can imagine that was a luxurious trip!!

Top Bottom