A Graduation Gift for my Daughter

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from NoneRequired

NoneRequired

I made this as a graduation gift for my daughter who is graduating from law school at the end of the month. I was trying to do something pretty fancy since it's a pretty big deal for her. I cast the blanks for this myself so when I was turning it I knew I had only one shot at it and if I screwed up there was no way I going to get this finished in time. By the time I was done I was shaking like a leaf. This is by far the fanciest piece I've done. Feel free to critique...
JuliesSceptre_HDR.jpg
JuliesSceptre2_HDR.jpg
JuliesSceptredetail_HDR.jpg
JuliesSceptreopen_HDR.jpg
BTW... the red on the clip in the first picture is a reflection... didn't see that in the camera...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seriph

Congratulations on all counts - what a great idea and a great gift! Done with great care and love ... beautiful.

I do hope the pen is both treasured and USED!

I can just imagine the conversation now .... "Wow, that's a nice pen!" "Yes, it was a gift from my dad when I graduated""Boy I'd sure love one of those for myself""Sorry but this is a one-off ... he made it with his own hands for me ...."

Lucky2

It's a beautiful pen there's no doubt about it, but, I disagree with the way in which it is posted. I do not think that there is any need for posting pictures of pens or anything else so large.
Len

SteveG

The dimensions of the components for the cap allow for a number of quite different profiles by different turners. I have seen very few who have done it the way that you have, and it is a winner! Very nice look overall. Graduating from law school IS a big deal, and you have made a gift from the heart suitable for the occasion. Let her know about the "shaking like a leaf" part; it will make it even more special.

Top Bottom