Graduate fountains in HRB

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ruby pen turning

These are two magnetic cap Graduate fountain pens. I made the first one in May and just sold it and just made this one today. They are both Honduran Rosewood burl and have at least 10 coats CA sanded then sanded again through the 9 micro mesh pads and polished with Novus heavy and light
Thanks for looking. Comments are welcome.

IMG_8783.JPG

IMG_8784.JPG

IMG_8781.JPG

IMG_9080.JPG

IMG_9081.JPG

IMG_9082.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I was going to comment on this the other night, but my computer hung up for some reason. Anyway, HRB is one of my all time favorite woods. You did a nice job fitting and finishing the barrels. Really nice work here.

InvisibleMan

These look awesome! I've never used that pen before, but I think the HRB looks terrific on it.

one question - when you say sanded, then sanded again through all the MM... are you going through the 9 MM pads twice?

These look awesome! I've never used that pen before, but I think the HRB looks terrific on it.

one question - when you say sanded, then sanded again through all the MM... are you going through the 9 MM pads twice?

After I apply my CA I take 220 grit sandpaper that is sitting in water and is slightly worn and sand. Then I take another 220 that is worn even more. Then I do my micro mesh. I cut the sheet into 1" or 1/4" strips then tear that in half.

edicehouse

Wow, love that burl. I think it is a conspiracy againts me. I get a burl and half of it is awesome and then half is blah. C-O-N. . . spiracy..... LOL

Really like the look of that pen, great job!

Top Bottom