Gradiant Oak Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from StephenM

StephenM

Here is some antique white oak with 2 pieces of gradiant oak infill.
Kit is a LauLau Fountain pen

Attachments

• RAOakClosed.jpg
    RAOakClosed.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 220
  • RAOakOpen.jpg
    RAOakOpen.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 203
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

I actually went looking for the timber "Gradiant Oak", thinking it was a new(to me) species of oak growing somewhere! Doh!!!

I like the segmenting you done here. Something seems 'off' though(IMHO)...thinking this segment would be better 'centered' in the pieces(please don't be offended....just throwing this out there for your thoughts).

Scott (awesome finish on this one) B

StephenM

Yep, I glued the body end backwards. I wanted the dark part of the gradient facing the short piece of the segment on both the cap and the body but got distracted by my son asking if he could put some more wood in the fire.

I was going to pop the gradient piece off and redo it but found out one of the pieces he put in the fire was the remaining gradient...

What went from popping off became hoping I don't break it because I don't have any more that matches exactly so I decided to leave it at is and since it's going to an English professor friend, it now speaks to the bewildering confusion that is the English Language (or that's what I'm telling myself :rolleyes: )

Top Bottom