Grad gifts-Thanks Jim!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Woodnknots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodnknots

This pen was made possible by JimGo. He graciously donated the bloodwood blank, along with a buckeye burl blank. I opted not to use the BEB blank, but went with purple heart, instead for the laminations. I just couldn't see wasting that entire blank on a couple of pieces, Jim!
I was not entirely happy about the way the pen came out, but that is totally due to the shape, and has nothing to do with the wood.
Anyway, bloodwood pen is a gift for my sister-in-law, graduating college, and the slimline is for my brother-in-law. It is china berry/ph/bloodwood CB. Thanks for looking, and thanks Jim!!

2006530219_emspen1.jpg

2006530230_gradgifts.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

You're welcome Dave. You certainly did the bloodwood proud - nice job! That's a neat looking slimline, too. You're really making me feel that I need to try my hand at inlays.

May they both use them in good health!

Ron Mc

Dave,
Interesting idea on the slimline! There may be a slimline in my near future.[:0]

gerryr

Nice work. My only comment would be that the cross on the Baron cap would look better if it was centered on the length. To me, it looks unbalanced, but that's only my opinion and others may not agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom