Grad Gift

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Americanone

Americanone

Well I have done about 30 pens so far so I haven't reached infancy still just an embryo. I ventured out and made a gift for a 2008 grad I know. I used her school colors of green and white.

2008624182757_Grad2008.jpg

I find one of the hardest things to do is to duplicate and make them look good side by side. Let me know how I can improve.

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scott

Dang, James! That is a nice-looking set!

I think you did a great job on the balance of the bottom barrel, especially on the pencil. The upper barrel is nice, but doesn't have the snap of the lower barrel. But the overall effect of the design is very pleasing! As far as turning the two to match, you did just fine. If you want them to match better, hold them further apart!

Only 30 pens so far, huh? Well, I'd say you are doing great!

Scott.

TBone

A set is supposed to match?? [:0] So that's what I've been doing wrong!
Good looking set James, I'm sure the recipient will be very proud and happy. Where did you get the center bands with the date?

sbell111

Originally posted by ScottOnly 30 pens so far, huh? Well, I'd say you are doing great!
I second that. Those look great.

One thing that you can try to make them match one another is to, once you get the blank round, make 'witness marks' at each 'important' location. This would help ensure that your beads are the same width, for instance.

PaulDoug

Very good job on that set. That is the best looking set I've seen using two different colors of acrylic on the same pen. I normally don;t like the look but this set it works just fine.

Top Bottom