"GR33NG14NT" - The Missing Entry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from davinci27

davinci27

This was supposed to be my third entry in the newbie. I had too many family issues going on, so I didn't get it finished in time. I finished it up tonight and thought I would post it anyway. It was fun, but I haven't done many acrylics and I forgot to paint the tubes. The blanks came from Ed and Dawn.

Comments, Complaints and Critiques are always welcome.

Attachments

• greengiant1.jpg
    greengiant1.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 456
  • greengiant4.jpg
    greengiant4.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 344
  • greengiant3.jpg
    greengiant3.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 253
  • greengiant2.jpg
    greengiant2.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 230
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Great JOB, B3N!!!

IMO!!!!!!
Make the center white a little smaller and use a nice blue or purple or red pearl - sell in a heartbeat!

(six months, my a$$, you can't make a pen like that after six months -- mumble, mumble!!)

davinci27

Thanks Guys,

Ed: I've got the lathe receipt to prove it. I agree about the CB being too wide. I had originally planned for it to be thinner and have just one accent band. See there goes another example of my newbie mistakes. Didn't paint the tube and made the center band too wide.

On a fun side note, GR33NG14NT is the tag on the front of my green mini.

Ben

Skye

Good thing it didn't make it to the newbie pen contest. I mean, have a little sympathy on the others for crying out loud!

I will be dead and buried and never come near the treasure you just made. That is worth being put up on a pedestal and just gazed at.....And thats more than a winner- Its the CATS ASS of pens!!!! meooowwwwwww

davinci27

I'm glad you guys like it. cinder_ladylocket, be careful with with cat comments, Curtis might be around. He has some strange uses for cat byproducts :biggrin: Skye, I'll bring it to the march meet so you can see all the imperfections in person.

Hillbilly

Ben,

Nobody told me to paint the tubes:frown: I wished they would have. I could barley see the pen tube especially at the ends. On my next acrylic I was going to take a black marker and paint it black.
I didnt know.....I called woodcrafters they sent me another blank because I thought that was defected, you could see through it.
Nice pen!

Top Bottom