GQ Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DCBluesman

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Long and lean with that GQ flair

200821325333_CustomSnakewoodHeller2.jpg

Thanks for looking and particularly for those who take time to comment.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tanner

That's a beauitiful pen!! I have some snakewood, however after seeing people have the cracking problems, I'm a little leary. You must have the touch Lou.

VisExp

Very nice looking pen. I really like the snake wood. I have not made a panache and was curious about the gap between the black bit and the snakewood on the cap. I see on the body of the pen the black bit sits tight against the snakewood but not so on the cap. Is that part of the kit design?

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Lou has posted how he treats snakewood.

I call it "Bore the wood to death". It takes months of drilling, waiting, fixing small cracks etc. BUT, it WORKS for him.

GaryMGg

Originally posted by wdcav1952

You just have to show off that you can turn snakewood, don't you?? ;) Beautiful work as always, Lou.
Must put some hypnotic spell on it 'cause they're under his control and don't crack too. [:p][:p] :D [8D]

OKLAHOMAN

Its not showing off if you can do it,and he seems to pull it off every time with snakewood,great job Lou.
Originally posted by GaryMGg

Originally posted by wdcav1952

You just have to show off that you can turn snakewood, don't you?? ;) Beautiful work as always, Lou.
Must put some hypnotic spell on it 'cause they're under his control and don't crack too. [:p][:p] :D [8D]

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Yep, I agree with everyone too. :D

But I have two really dumb questions to ask[:I]

Why is it called snakewood, when it looks like leopard?

I've been trying to figure out what GQ meant?

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Thanks to each of you for the very nice comments. Snakewood is one of my favorites and while it can be a bit of a PIA to work with, the result is extremely nice. William, you’re right, however, since I do so few things right I think I should get a pass for showing off the snakewood. Tom, I have not had a problem with snakewood cracking, BUT, I know that is has that propensity. Knock on (snake) wood. “Bore the wood to death†huh, Ed? I’ll keep that in mind the next time we work a show together! Gary, in my youth I was a bit of a charmer, now it only works on snakewood. Steven, it’s called snakewood due to the appearance on the forest floor from what I hear. I call this style my GQ pen as a reference to Gentleman’s Quarterly magazine. I like its style. Keith - As far as the cap end is concerned, the cutaway is just a stylistic flair. This is not a Panache kit. It’s less than a handful of Baron parts.

Top Bottom