GPV Jr, HRB

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MikeL

MikeL

I got a couple of pre-production great palace vine Jrs from Smitty's offer a little while back. They are pretty nice kits. This rollerball is with Honduran Rosewood Burl. As usual for me, a CA finish that is finished off with a ton of buffing. Thanks

Attachments

• HRBgpvIAP.jpg
    HRBgpvIAP.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 302
  • HRBgpvIAP2.jpg
    HRBgpvIAP2.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 188
  • HRBgpvIAP3.jpg
    HRBgpvIAP3.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 208
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MikeL

Thanks all. HRB is definitely one of my favorite woods. I bought two of these pens. The other one will be cocobolo Burl. The one and only piece of cocobolo Burl I have ever had my hands on.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I also feel that is a mighty beautiful pen! The blank is wonderful and your turning/finishing is superb!

I'm still wavering on the kit - well done, but a bit busy, but it might grow on you...

But I love the pen!

thepenfriend

Beautiful.... If you don't mind me asking about how many coats of CA? The finish is just outstanding and I can tell you spent some serious time buffing to get that even and shiny! Nice work and look forward to your Cocobolo Burl!

MikeL

Beautiful.... If you don't mind me asking about how many coats of CA? The finish is just outstanding and I can tell you spent some serious time buffing to get that even and shiny! Nice work and look forward to your Cocobolo Burl!

Thanks for the comments everyone.
As for how many coats of CA, I'm guessing about 10. A couple of medium and the rest thin CA. But in the sanding process I am sure several of those got sanded off.

MikeL

The second great palace vine using cocobolo Burl had a piece blow out. Pretty sad but I'll try a little segmenting to see if I can recover. Guess I'll try finishing it when I get back in town and post it to IAP if it turns out OK.

Thanks for the comments on the HRB. The pen is ornate but I don't think it's too much.

Top Bottom