GOW - with contemporary flat rest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mik

Status
Not open for further replies.

mik

The Orchard, Milton Lane, Wookey Hole, Somerset, U
Took this at first sad looking chunk of GOW and sliced the top off - cut a blank - the rest is history.

20053142074_soldset123.jpg

The flat rest now just looks part of the whole - the picture unfortunately does not do it justice. I will be looking to try and supply blanks with larger block cut below - anyone interested?

It was a joy to behold when it came together - what do you all think?

Thanks for viewing
Mike

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tomwojeck

Originally posted by mik
<br />Took this at first sad looking chunk of GOW and sliced the top off - cut a blank - the rest is history.

20053142074_soldset123.jpg
<br />The flat rest now just looks part of the whole - the picture unfortunately does not do it justice. I will be looking to try and supply blanks with larger block cut below - anyone interested?

It was a joy to behold when it came together - what do you all think?

Thanks for viewing
Mike

Awesome work Mike! The more I see of it, the more I like it

Thumbs

I agree with "rtjw", that would make a great desk set! I think it would have to be a gift for someone special though. I just couldn't imagine setting a price on something that unique!

mik

Yo all - thanks a bunch - been busy in the shed - let me catch up with you all:

Yup you right it's restin' on an exec's desk in the USA - sold in minutes - US$425.00 - from the shop in Poros. By the way his elder brother - bit more mature [:0] went to London UK - $550.00.

Originally posted by Rifleman
<br />I think you should send that sad looking hunk of gow to a Yank just to keep it from cluttering your shop. [:)] Phenomamol ! Pen and wood.

mik

Hi thanks for that - yes the blanks were cut and pen made first - then take your block below and line it up - best you can - mark out and then rout away and finish - by the way the block is sanded to 12,000 grit too!!

Originally posted by dougle40
<br />Fantastic Mike ! The way you have it displayed , it almost looks like the pen came right from the recess in the holder .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom