Gotta love the smell of turning celluloid in the morning!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MattTheHat

MattTheHat

I'm just not a fan of this kit, but I ended up with a few of them in sterling silver which makes them almost acceptable. I'm really showing off the material. Vintage celluloid, made in the early forties in red, green, blue and black. I came across quite a stash of it (60 feet or so) and have a few more colors I'll be trying as I get to them.

I don't think I've ever turned celluloid that I can recall. Nice smell, and just as smooth as you could ask for.

The pic isn't great as I didn't have time to drag out the light box and lights.

-Matt

attachment.php

Attachments

• celluloid.jpg
    celluloid.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 468
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Nice job on the pictures!!!!

Sunlight??
Brought out the color that is really subtle.
Look good on the "Parker" pen body--great choice!!

MattTheHat

Thanks for the comments, guys. As for the picture, that was taken with no natural light since it was dark out. Just the overhead light above the kitchen table, with flash at ISO 1250. I need to do some with the light box so the sterling hardware will hopefully look like silver and not, well I'm not sure what it looks like in the pic, but it's not sterling.

chriselle said:
Loving that blue.....60ft huh?....um, you gonna use all dat? :wink: Again,,,I'm REALLY lovin that blue..

The kid in me wants to keep it all. The adult in me will make me re-home most of it as the stuff came to me in a HUGE trade for an item I was actually wanting to sell. I ended up with a lot of desert ironwood, Koa, and amboyna and some other exotic woods in the trade too.

The blue does pop.

-Matt

Last edited:
Top Bottom