Got in over my head. I'm sorry.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hunter-27

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
I can now officially say I have come across the blank that exceeds my ability(Did not take much by the way). Just when I thought I knew something about turning pens, this blank went and b!tch slapped me upside the head and told me I did not. Rhodium Long click from Aaron, Off-center Dragonhide blank from Wolftat. My apologies to both for this hideous contraption, resembling a pen.

Attachments

• dragonhide 00001a.jpg
    dragonhide 00001a.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 548
  • dragonhide 00004a.jpg
    dragonhide 00004a.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 520
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russianwolf

Landon, those are some of the hardest blanks to turn that even I have ever come across. the resin/sap in them can be a pain and they tend to be very fragile and want to fall apart. They are gorgeous when done, but a royal pain in getting there.

Nice looking pen. I actually like the offcenter bit

Daniel

Honestly it would be nice if you could get both sides of the pen to look like the off center side. I know that does not help when your intent was to put a hole right on the money. but even an unintentional effect is a winner.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Honestly it would be nice if you could get both sides of the pen to look like the off center side. I know that does not help when your intent was to put a hole right on the money. but even an unintentional effect is a winner.
It was an intentional off center but man you guys are being too nice to me.........

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Landon, I think you did a great job with this blank. The off center is one of my best sellers. You took a big risk by using the long click which is a rough pen to start with, but from what I am seeing, it looks great. The off center is an interesting effect on this blank and it shows a part of the pine cone that has a lot of unique characteristics.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Landon, I think you did a great job with this blank. The off center is one of my best sellers. You took a big risk by using the long click which is a rough pen to start with, but from what I am seeing, it looks great. The off center is an interesting effect on this blank and it shows a part of the pine cone that has a lot of unique characteristics.

I've made a fair amount of that kit, I'm quite confident in the kit, which is why I used it. I'm feeling better about it as I've read these posts and looked it uver again. I guess maybe I was being over critical of myself a bit. I just struggled with getting it to finish like I wanted it to. That kinda set me in a bad mind set over it. Thanks to all for the little "pep" talks. I do think I am looking forward to trying the "centered" versions I have next.

Landon

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I also think it look perfect off-centre.:biggrin: It adds lots more to the finished pen than the same thing all the way around.

Top Bottom