Got Milk Part 2: The Toscana Uno

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from elkhorn

elkhorn

After practicing on the Marksman Eagles with the casein blanks, I finally tackled my flagship pen: The Toscana Uno. This is the convertible model so that it can be used as both a fountain pen and rollerball. Comes with a Bock #6 and Schmidt refill. What better pen for Tuscany Pens than the Tuscany 1 from Classic Nib in sterling silver! I have waited a long time to make this one. Dressed in casein and sanded up to 12,000 micro mesh, scratch free polish, then hut plastic polish. Topped off with some Renaissance wax for extra protection.

Roy, thank you for all your extra help. That is taking customer service above and beyond.

C & C welcome.

Attachments

• Toscana Uno Convertible Closed.jpg
    Toscana Uno Convertible Closed.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 279
  • Toscana Uno FP.jpg
    Toscana Uno FP.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 179
  • Toscana Uno RB.jpg
    Toscana Uno RB.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 227
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Marko50

That's top shelf stuff John! Beautiful work. You should be pleased as punch and proud.:) Great job,

Mark

elkhorn

Thanks for the compliments, everyone! It is a beautiful kit (nicely done, Roy) with easy assembly. My only concern was that I used up my last two casein blanks! Guess I'll have to order some more blanks.

Enjoy the weekend!

Gorgeous pen! Just curious - did you use true casein? I heard it was stinky so when I needed to do one, I got some "alt casein" from Ed & Dawn at Exotic Blanks. Worked great and can't tell the diff.

elkhorn

Thanks, Ted, and yes, I did use true casein. I wanted to have the best story for the pen (made from milk). It does smell when you work it, but it's not as bad as turning antler:big grin:

Top Bottom