Gorgeous snakewood dressed in Ti Aero.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CharlesH

CharlesH

Hey guys,

Here is some beautiful snakewood, in wax for nearly 7 years, no cracks really fine timber, this one turned like a charm, finish is great!

As usual, pictures while turning! ;)

So here is it, first side

And second

Finished on the lathe

On the lathe sanded with acetone applied prior CA finish

While turning

Thanks for watching,

Charles

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CharlesH

Yes, I am a headphile. (headphone audiophile) ;)

Basically I got into turning pens because of wood headphones.

Let me explain that, being a micro-detail guy, I always loved music and electronic equipment. I am a music junky and the way I prefer listening music is by headphones, I have headphone amplifier, special cables and so on.

Those headphones are custom made and recabled with special cables by an artisan. He describe his work as "Art that functions" and I attest his statement, his name is Larry Dale and he has a website: www.headphile.com

So after acquiring those headphones, made of zebrawood, I was amazed at the beauty of the wood. I decided I had to explore this interest. So about a year and a half ago I bought a lathe. I did a whole lot of reading, ask questions, done some testing. I started turning and made pens, my goal was to make something small and useful that isn't too expensive to produce. I am hooked to wood, one of my passion now.

So that's the story of those headphones.

Charles

Charles, that is excellent!

I have a side question can we get more info about your profile pic? Wood headphones?

wood-of-1kind

Great looking pen and thank you for sharing your "wood" interest bio. Love the timbers that you present here including your great photography approach. Keep sharing your good 'turns'.:)

Top Bottom