PR Euro in Commercial Colours

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KDM

KDM

This pen was made from a blank which was supposed to represent the logo colours of a fellow artist. I really like the results. Black polyester, it seems, it really difficult to put a good shine on!

Here are some of the component parts of the blank during manufacture. the cane of swirly green and white is sliced up and put into my mould.

After filling the mould with black PR, here's how the blank came out. Enough polyester for three decent pens!

...and after a rough round and quick polish...

...and, just for good measure, here is the actual pen on the lathe.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

Thanks for showing your beautiful creation. The black really makes the green and white pop and stand out. Now, thank you once more for taking the time to make and share the lesson for us slow learners. Your work is outstanding.
Charles

KDM

Nifty idea, Ken. I'm a gonna give that one a try.

Here, I used a black core in a mostly black pen. That's a really good way of getting a really high contrast between the "swirl" and the dominant portion of the body.

Here is an example where the same blank making technique was employed with a different colour of "core" to really good effect. These colours really shouldn't work well together, but I had a customer spot this blank in my toolbox and asked if I could make the perfume pen from it!

Top Bottom