Good to have friends in low places! Thanks Terry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

OKLAHOMAN

Received this in the mail yesterday all the way from South Africa along with a nice 7-8 inch gemsbok horn and a real nice red bush willow. Terry Finney had already tubed this for a Sierra. As I don't do Sierra's luck was on my side as I bought a load of kits and blanks from Charlie (NewLondon88) and it had a few Sierra's......I present an elephant bone Sierra.

IMG_2601.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

firewhatfire

Deffinitely a unique piece. Did that package have any giraffe bone in it? A knife maker I work with uses that stuff for knife scales and it is some pretty stuff. Would be a neat collection with the horn you already have.

Phil

OKLAHOMAN

No he didnt but I've made pens from giraffe bone before from knife scales.
Below is a photo of the scales with the bushngs installed and a photo of the completed pen.

Deffinitely a unique piece. Did that package have any giraffe bone in it? A knife maker I work with uses that stuff for knife scales and it is some pretty stuff. Would be a neat collection with the horn you already have.

Phil

Attachments

• IMG_2011.JPG
    IMG_2011.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_2012.JPG
    IMG_2012.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 119

terryf

No he didnt

Gotta keep something for myself eh :biggrin:

Actually, due to weight, the shipping becomes prohibitive and bone is particularly heavy.

Giraffe doesnt smell any worse than elephant and although I have never turned gator, (I have no desire) I have turned crocodile and the elephant/giraffe is not nearly as bad.

Top Bottom