Good Day of Turning

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from greenacres2

greenacres2

Actually Friday night & Saturday morning. Caballero wrapped in a Phil Weiss cinnamon roll--that was a really nice turn. Took a while to make, as I stopped twice to make cinnamon toast.

Did the Bolt Actions to replenish inventory--got a bunch of great shorts from Alton (greenmtnguy), didn't even have to cut these two. The amboyna has great grain. The burl looked like it was going to be sage-color, but was stunning inside. Almost didn't assemble that one, but the wood is too sweet to waste. At times it looks like a field of daisies, and then others it looks like Starry Night by Van Gogh. I don't care if it doesn't sell--i'll keep it!!

Thanks,
earl

Attachments

• 4-7-2018 Pens.jpg
    4-7-2018 Pens.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 243
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Very nice !! . Looks like you pulled the trigger on the two at the right ... you were asking advice not long ago.

greenacres2

Very nice !! . Looks like you pulled the trigger on the two at the right ... you were asking advice not long ago.

Yep--I still question the one in the center, but it was already turned and WAY too pretty to not use. On the right I think is amboyna--but it IS for sure some of the prettiest grain I've ever turned. And it behaved wonderfully through the process.

Thanks to all for your comments!!
earl

Top Bottom