A good day!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from elkhorn

elkhorn

Today was a great day. Turned 5 beer cap pens (thanks, Arkie) then took a 3 hour break to watch my granddaughter in her dance recital. She was fantastic (ok, so I'm a proud grandpa - but she really was great:big grin:). The beer cap pens were made on a Sierra Vista kit.

After returning, I made the Masonic watch dial/parts pen. Found the dial on eBay and Mike (Indiana_Parrothead) cast the blank. Pen was made on a Sierra Elegant Beauty. Which of the two watch part pen photos do you prefer?

Comments and critiques welcome and appreciated.

Attachments

• 5 beer cap pens.jpg
    5 beer cap pens.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 190
  • Masonic Watch Dial Pen 1.jpg
    Masonic Watch Dial Pen 1.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 161
  • Masonic Watch Dial Pen 2.jpg
    Masonic Watch Dial Pen 2.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 148
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
super job on all of them. If I had to choose one I would go with the right photo, seems like it shows off the pen the best. Nice work
WB

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I'd say you had a good day!!!

First: The Beer blank pens are great!
Second: A dance recital... A lot of fun (for a parent/grandparent... :redface:).
Third: Masonic Watch Parts.

Beer Blanks are great!
Dance Recital: I trust that it was great!
Masonic Watch Parts: Both photos are good! I don't have a preference in the 2 shots! Both are good.

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
I would say you had an awesome day. You were able to make some amazing pens and you also got to watch your granddaughter dsnce. I dont know how a day could be any better.

southernclay

Great day! Nothing beats the pride if the recital I'm sure but you had some quality shop time for sure.

I personally like the 2nd watch parts pic. Both are well done but the second shows off the face and specifically the Masonic emblem better IMO

Nice work!

elkhorn

Thanks, all. The shop time was great, but watching my granddaughter - priceless!

I agree with the consensus - I like the second picture of the watch part pen better. Now I'll probably get 50 comments saying they prefer the first one:big grin: Oh, well!

Have a great weekend.

Hi John all the pens turned out great. I think I like the first pen pic best;), just kidding the second one is best. I am sure the great job you did on the pens doesn't compare to seeing your granddaughter dance.

Very well done my friend, Mike

Sataro

Pens all look great! I'm sure the dance recital was the best part of the day!!! But you did get in some quality shop time. I prefer the second watch pen pic. Seems to show off more of your detail on that pen.

Top Bottom