Good Bones

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
That's the Title of a series on HGTV channel. A family owned business named "Two Chicks and a Hammer" Mother and daughter are, buying houses in my neighborhood where, I was born and, raised known as the "Fountain Square" in Indianapolis. They are renovating these homes and, selling them and, ultimately revitalizing the area, one house at a time. I was so impressed with the way they work it, was a no brainer to contact them. I told Karen I, wanted to make pens for them. With her suggestion and, permission I, had their names and logo engraved on the pens. Although my engraver didn't work out so well, there's no reversing it. I'll move in a different direction on future pens. I used some Cinnamon blanks I got from my good friend Fred Brunings (BigShed) in Australia with, two Silver Barons from Beartoothwoods. Three coats of Friction Polish. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• Two Chicks and a hammer 001.jpg
    Two Chicks and a hammer 001.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 457
  • Two Chicks and a hammer 005.jpg
    Two Chicks and a hammer 005.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 343
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Nice gesture! The engraving looks fine from my eye. Maybe could have been more prominent, but readily visable.

Nice set.

magpens

Nice going, Chuck !!! . Those cinnamon blanks look gorgeous with the silver hardware !!!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Nice going, Chuck !!! . Those cinnamon blanks look gorgeous with the silver hardware !!!
Thanks Mal! Just as I had envisioned it. :wink:

Very nice Chuck! I didn't know Cinnamon wood had a cool grain like that.
Thanks Harry! It was cool seeing the grain pop out as it did.

Nicely done Chuck. You may want to check with WoodTurningz for the engraving, I've been pleased with their work and it's reasonable.
WB
Thanks Bill! I know they do engraving at Woodturningz. After they hung me out over a defective $6.00 Christmas gift, they don't get anything else from me. But, thanks for trying to help me out. :wink:

Top Bottom