Gone Fishing !

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from workinforwood

workinforwood

I'll be back in a few days...got my "squirmy"..now off to find the big fish! :biggrin:

squirmy.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rollerbob

Here.......fishy, fishy, fishy!!! Nice one, Jeff!! Looks like a lot of work to incorporate the different colors, yea?

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
That little worm wouldn't be smiling so much if he knew what was in store for him:biggrin:
Well done Jeff, you made a great job of it once again:biggrin:

workinforwood

Thanks. It was a lot of fun. The back side behind the worm is the same as the pen barrel, maple with blue waves. It was 4 castings to do the worm. I cut and cast the hook, then drew and cast the worm, then the white eyes and mouth. That is all that can be done to the blank. After turning the blank to size, I drilled the hole for the hook and the pupils of his eyes and filled those. The holes would be far too small for resin to go 1/2" deep, but no problem for a shallow hole. Just mixed some 5 min epoxy with some black powder and dabbed it in the shallow holes. It's definitely one of my favorite designs. Much more fun in person, like any other pen of course. I would have preferred the rhodium over the gold too, but this was the only Gent kit I have left right now. Hopefully I'll sell this next week and buy some more kits. Have a good art show coming up on Lake Michigan, so I've been pumping up my inventory.

Top Bottom