Gone in 60 Seconds!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BSea

BSea

Here's one I made today. My son's girlfriend saw it, and all I have are a few pictures. The blank is one I made for the casting contest. I wasn't wild about the colors, so I chose something else. Maybe I chose pourly (pun intended).

Anyway, here were some quick shots before I lost sight of it. Critics & comments welcome.

Lena1S.jpg

Lena2S.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

Nice work! Is that the Orion kit? Can you knock out the lower finial too?
It is the Orion kit, but you can't knock out the bottom. I've used a disc sander to take one off, but it's a real pain to get the finial on there perfectly. If you do it, use epoxy, not CA. It takes some time to get it right.

Here's one I did with a bottom cap. I'd like to take credit for this blank, but this is one from Jonathon.
Ocean1A.jpg

BSea

nice!!! who is selling that kit?! Bob, you should have entered that in the color casting contest, it looks awesome!
The kit is from Woodturningz. I like the kit because it shows off almost the whole blank. Hmmm, I wonder what a quarter would look like on this?

You know, when I looked at the blank, it just didn't excite me much. I even turned it down & polished it to get an idea. Even when the pen was finished, I wasn't too sure. Now that it's out the door, I'm having separation issues:rolleyes:.

seamus7227

Hmmm, I wonder what a quarter would look like on this?You know, when I looked at the blank, it just didn't excite me much.

It would prolly look great!:rolleyes::biggrin:

I guess the reason i like the blanks is the fact that the colors are all over the place! Kudos again!

SDB777

Just a girlfriend:eek:....did you throw in a clause that if she leaves him you get it back?:biggrin:

Lyn was standing here when I spot this, and she's thinking about growing a third arm or something. She really likes the color combination and the way you got this one to swirl up and then back down again in spots>

Scott (seperation issues....always with the great ones) B

Top Bottom