Golf stamp pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ossaguy

ossaguy

I wanted to make a stamp pen that would appeal to the golfers out there.I was finding it hard to find interesting golf-themed stamps,til I came across these cool looking 2011 Australia Presidents Cup stamps.

I've found that the stamps from Oz are really thin & fragile,pretty hard to work with but they do have a lot of nice looking stamps!

This one's over an acrylic core w/about 50 ca coats.

Hoping that some golfer likes it someday.Thanks for lookin!

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_5213.JPG
    IMG_5213.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_5219.JPG
    IMG_5219.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_5218.JPG
    IMG_5218.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_5220.JPG
    IMG_5220.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_5222.JPG
    IMG_5222.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 151
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

turncrazy43

Steve, very nice job. The stamps are great and the kit choice shows a lot more of the stamps than other s might have.

robutacion

I wanted to make a stamp pen that would appeal to the golfers out there.I was finding it hard to find interesting golf-themed stamps,til I came across these cool looking 2011 Australia Presidents Cup stamps.

I've found that the stamps from Oz are really thin & fragile,pretty hard to work with but they do have a lot of nice looking stamps!

This one's over an acrylic core w/about 50 ca coats.

Hoping that some golfer likes it someday.Thanks for lookin!

Steve

Wow...!:eek: well, if one doesn't want or have the casting equipment/products, I suppose lots of CA will built up eventually.

I wonder how thick that the CA be, before it cracks from possible lack of flex/elasticity/expansion/thinking properties...!

I'm yet to go any further than 12 medium coats/layers so, I wonder if any of you guys and gals, have had any problems with too thick coat of CA...???

I like what you did with that pen, the stamps look very good. Another thing that I can tell you about some of the Aussie stamps is that, they have a real strong glue, its sticks pretty good, not a very good thing if you put the stamps in the wrong place, they don't comer out...!:mad:

Cheers
George

ossaguy

Hi George,

I've never experienced any cracking,but I've only been at it about 7 months.Gosh,I hope they never do!

It's medium ca,and put on with paper towels that absorb a lot,so it's not as thick as you'd guess.Before the first coat it was .489,and finished it's at .512,so that's not that thick,I think.

I've done a couple using ca only,and they never cracked but the tinting effect of the accelerator makes the white of the stamp background a little darker,which I don't like.

As much as possable,I send my tubes in to Don Vann for casting.He does a great job on them.

Thanks,
Steve

BSea

That's a very cool pen. Great choice of kit so you can really show off the stamps.:good:

I wonder how thick that the CA be, before it cracks from possible lack of flex/elasticity/expansion/thinking properties...!

I'm yet to go any further than 12 medium coats/layers so, I wonder if any of you guys and gals, have had any problems with too thick coat of CA...???
I made a pen out of cracked olive that used probably 40 coats of CA from thick to thin to fill the cracks. It really had a nice 3D effect. I gave it to my Dad, and he had it about a year before he lost it. But it never developed any cracks. I also reversed the bushing on a stretch fountain pen, so I built up the end I turned down too far with CA. Probably not the thickness of Steve's pen, but still much thicker than normal. I had that pen for almost 2 years before it found a home. It showed no signs of cracking. But it was kept in a pen portfolio most of that time.

Top Bottom