Golf club pen (as per Branden Wong)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bill78

Bill78

A friend asked me to make a pen for a golf-mad relative of hers. I recalled seeing a Tutorial on this site by Branden and that gave me all that I needed to know to produce a very similar item. My friend was delighted!

Many thanks Branden for posting the Tutorial - brilliant concept! DSCF3752.jpg

DSCF3772.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Penl8the

Great job on the pen, Bill! It is interesting to see an updated graphite shaft. Yours is TFC 169i (it came out ~2011, I believe). Mine was circa 2007. How time flies.

Love the clip. Is it a custom made clip?

It looks like a 7-iron. LOL.

A friend asked me to make a pen for a golf-mad relative of hers. I recalled seeing a Tutorial on this site by Branden and that gave me all that I needed to know to produce a very similar item. My friend was delighted!

Many thanks Branden for posting the Tutorial - brilliant concept!View attachment 148854

View attachment 148855

Bill78

Hi Branden - many thanks for your reply. It's a privilege to hear from you! I loved your Tutorial and the original concept - brilliant.

Yes, the clip is custom made - I think that I probably did base it on a 7-iron; I wanted a club with enough loft to "look the part" - although the shaft length is well out of proportion (artistic license I think they call it!).

Thanks again for the inspiration. Keep on turning!

Best Regards,

Bill

Bill78

Very nicely done Bill :) Would love to hear more on how you went about making the clip end

Thanks for your comments Brad - always good to get a thumbs-up from you!! I had a piece of stock square aluminium and machined it from that. 4-jaw chuck first to turn to fit the end of the tube and create an angled face - and then onto the milling machine. After that it was drilled to take a stainless steel "club shaft" and then filed and sanded.DSCF3725.jpg

DSCF3729.jpg

DSCF3734.jpg

DSCF3737.jpg

DSCF3742.jpg

Top Bottom