Golf Ball Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DFM

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFM

Last night as I was cleaning out a golf bag, I was inspired to find out what a pen made from golf balls would be like.

I used 5 differend balls from two boxes of the same brand. I was a little shocked when I found the varitey of colors.

Slimline kit - no center band. No finish, just sanded to MM 6000. The ball cores have a soft velvety feel to them, almost like a cushion grip. I would have liked to had different colors at the top, but I had a massive blow-out and had to use what I had to fix it. Adivse: go s l o w.

20051124205510_Golf-Ball-2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jwoodwright

I was told that Golf Balls had a pressurized core and could possibly kill you.

This is what I was told when I wanted to buy some old balls to use as knobs.

Now I see that was just wrong....[:I]

swm6500

I'm thinking that maybe he used the type of golf balls that you see at the miniature golf courses, I believe they are a solid plastic of some type.

DFM

Originally posted by swm6500
<br />I'm thinking that maybe he used the type of golf balls that you see at the miniature golf courses, I believe they are a solid plastic of some type.

I used a plain old (new) regular golf ball. Most balls today have a two piece design. The cover and the core. The core is a dense material that is designed to be resiliant, absorb impacts and redisperse the load off the clubhead resulting is a perfect flight. I needed some revenge on the evil golf balls, so I turned them into pens. [}:)]

DFM

I have to report that the pen writes good, but I can't draw a straight line. It keeps curving either to the left or right. I also occasionally loose it and spend a lot of time looking for it. I am planning on keeping it away from any water hazards. [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom