Golf Ball and Black Morrel Burl - Crazy?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from shawnmhill

shawnmhill

After pestering "Wood Butcher" for one of his PC golf ball blanks, he obliged. I got package in the mail and I had to do something with it. So "off the cuff" I decided on Black Morrel Burl and a Premier Cigar kit. Skew'd proud of bushings, 400 & 600 sand, 8 coats of thin CA, MM up to 12000, Hut and Ren.

This was a pleasure. Thank you again Bill. Hope I did your blank justice.

Attachments

• DSC_0504b.jpg
    DSC_0504b.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 268
  • DSC_0508b.jpg
    DSC_0508b.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 228
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kevrob

Those are great blanks. I tried to recreate on with PC and it was a disaster. :crying: He should open them up for sale, he could make some cash. Although, he would also need a lot of spare time.... I am guessing!:

Edit: forgot to say that the pen sure is a beauty!

Last edited:

shawnmhill

EBorraga, you are absolutely correct! That's a Scotty Cameron for sure. I knew someone would have a golfers eye. Thanks for nice comments.

Last edited:

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
I've been using a Pro Platinum for about 7 years now. I got a few of those tools. They're my favorite.

kevrob

Ok, being a newbie, I have to ask. Where did you get such a ornate cigar kit? I have looked at most of the sites that are discussed on the boards (pen state, woodturningz, etc, etc) and I haven't seen one like that.

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
Great job Shawn. Super selection of complementary materials and execution. Glad to be a small part of something so nice. I'm working on making them available to anyone wanting to try a GB pen in some of the most popular kits. Actually, this can be done for any kit if one has the correct tubes and bushings. More on that later.
WB

Top Bottom