Golden Wattle

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from eisbaer

eisbaer

Hi guys,

I don't normally post here but I felt compelled to show this one.

The blank was from Robutacion (George) a couple of months back and I finally got a chance to turn it. Here is the result. Apologies for the lighting but the flash just washed out the picture horribly. Chrome Jnr Gent, 30 degree cut Golden Wattle.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• DSC00216.jpg
    DSC00216.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 334
  • DSC00218.jpg
    DSC00218.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 166
  • DSC00219.jpg
    DSC00219.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 168
  • DSC00222.jpg
    DSC00222.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 160
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drstrangefart

The pen looks really good as far as I can tell. It's kinda tough to separate it visually from the table it's sitting on. A white or light grey background would probably help make the pic and pen look a lot better. That really is a nice piece of timber. Like it.

seamus7227

The pen looks really good as far as I can tell. It's kinda tough to separate it visually from the table it's sitting on. A white or light grey background would probably help make the pic and pen look a lot better. That really is a nice piece of timber. Like it.

+1 what he said. Otherwise the pen looks pretty cool

Rick P

+2 looks like you did a good job, but its hard to tell. Even if all you do is strip off the shirt your wearing to put the pen on long enough for a pic it's better than wood on wood. Some woods photo better on light backgrounds most photo better on dark back grounds.......I honestly have pens to large ceramic vessels photographed on a Harley T in my portfolio.

robutacion

Thanks for showing the blank dressed in a pen kit, it certainly come up beautiful...!

Golden Wattle, is one of those local native woods that have an enormous potential for pen making. Its colours variations, grains, natural features, spaltings and other natural characteristics of this wood species, are capable of the most amazing finishes, yours is no exception...!

Keep up the good work...!:wink:

Cheers
George

eisbaer

Hi George,

Thanks for the blanks. This stuff turned beautifully.

I'm going to tackle some black wattle soon. My father picked up a piece of it which must weigh close to 100kg and he's going to pass any small offcuts to me. I'll post pictures when I've got some done.

Top Bottom