Golden Violet Oly

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alamocdc

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

More Acrylester from Ryan and gang. This was Murphy's #2 out of three mishaps yesterday. I had this one finished and assembled except for the finial. When I pressed it in... CRUNCH! it drove the tube out the bottom and crushed the acrylic at the finial. Then I remembered why I always press the CB last. :( In spite of how carefully I wrapped the CB, I scratched it upon disassembly. So I had to make an accent band for the upper part of the barrel AND a new CB. Both are made from pieces of bowling ball. The CB is done just like the original requiring a tenon and the lower barrel slides up inside it about 1/8 inch. I hate this kit almost as much as I hate the Flat Top Americana double twist. Thankfully I only have one left and I won't buy any more of either. It isn't the tenons that bother me, it's how the kits go together and how the bushings match up... they don't and I hate having to use the calipers for every joint.

2005101041141_oly_golden_violet.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to look and listen to my rant. As always, feel free to speak your piece. :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

angboy

Looks like a good save! And even though it's annoying to have that happen, I wonder if maybe it wasn't a good thing- because I think the pen is probably even nicer this way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom