Golden Gator

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gary Max

Gary Max

Thos one has been a LONG haul getting here. I started this pen about 6 months ago and lost interest because I really don't have the right market to sell it.
The tooth cavities are filled with real gold dust----not leaf

Material----Gator Jaw bone

Attachments

• DSCN0298.JPG
    DSCN0298.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 402
  • DSCN0299.jpg
    DSCN0299.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 287
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Padre

That is an interesting looking pen!! Was the jawbone hard to turn?

Gary Max

That is an interesting looking pen!! Was the jawbone hard to turn?

Gator Jawbone is the nastiest---hardest---most foul smelling bone on the planet. Burning nightcrawlers smells better----the bone is very grainey and brittle wants to fall apart if you look at it wrong. I used so much thin CA that I had to order a extra 16 oz bottle from Monty.

bitshird

Good luck convincing the customers that it really is Gold Dust..

In the sun light ----that will be easy.

Crushed Iron Pyrite would look good in the sunlight too and cost a lot less and according to the Federal trade commission any product advertised or sold sold as gold must bear a quality or Karat mark specifying the content in either percentage or Karat content
It is unfair or deceptive to misrepresent the type, kind, grade, quality, quantity, metallic content, size, weight, cut, color, character, treatment, substance, durability, serviceability, origin, price, value, preparation, production, manufacture, distribution, or any other material aspect of an industry product.

(a) It is unfair or deceptive to misrepresent the presence of gold or gold alloy in an industry product, or the quantity or karat fineness of gold or gold alloy contained in the product, or the karat fineness, thickness, weight ratio, or manner of application of any gold or gold alloy plating, covering, or coating on any surface of an industry product or part thereof.

(b) The following are examples of markings or descriptions that may be misleading:2

(1) Use of the word "Gold" or any abbreviation, without qualification, to describe all or part of an industry product, which is not composed throughout of fine (24 karat) gold.

(2) Use of the word "Gold" or any abbreviation to describe all or part of an industry product composed throughout of an alloy of gold, unless a correct designation of the karat fineness of the alloy immediately precedes the word "Gold" or its abbreviation, and such fineness designation is of at least equal conspicuousness..

this is just a brief part of the rules you might want to peruse the rest, (just for your own information)
here is a link before you jump off a tall cliff.
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/guides/jewel-gd.shtm#§ 23.1 Deception (general).

Good luck with the sales pitch

Gary Max

You sneak up on a Gator from behind with a salt shaker in your right hand and a big club in the other.
But really-----right now--- I don't have any ideal where you can get any---there is some fine print----the ain't cheap. I have several $$$$ tied up in this pen.

snowman56

I do sell gator blank's now and then.So far the only thing Gary has said that is correct is that the blank's are expensive.As far as the turning goes they are different than wood and they smell bad.As of right now there is none for sale.

snowman56

where to get gator bone

The end of Sept is the gator hunting season and there should be plenty of gator available the end of Oct to mid Nov. There is much that has to be done to the "green" gator to make them into blanks. I will post on IAP when I have more ready.

Top Bottom