Not open for further replies.

ctwxlvr

Here is my Second Sierra a Amboyna Burl finished with Enduro:

goldsierraamboyna-01.JPG

goldsierraamboyna-02.JPG

Comments?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

The pen looks good. Have a question or two for you. You said it is finished in Enduro. Haave you tried CA and if so how does this finish compare for feel and shine??? Also where can you get Enduro??? Is this a poly or a lacquer???

ctwxlvr

Enduro is a water based polyurethane I got mine from http://www.beartoothwoods.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=285 this page also gives the instructions on use for pens.

This is my first pen using it, I find it feels softer after curing for 15 hours than CA does, it seems to have a deeper look than my straight CA finish, Reason I am looking for a different finish is the CA is killing my nose and eyes, being in New England I still cant open the windows and doors to my work area. I have to it is a lot easier to use than CA, will have to run some testing to see the longevity of it.

GaryMGg

Tracy,
The pen is gorgeous; it sparkles. However, I have to ask what are the blue-white dots in the photos?
Is that just fingerpint smudge or unbuffed wax, or is it something in the actual finish?
How is enduro to apply compared to CA?

Gary

ctwxlvr

The blue dots are in the finish, not sure what they are as with out the "Flash" of a camera they are not noticeable, may be an air bubble that flares with the flash, as to ease of application, I think it is easier, three coats of the sanding sealer dries to touch in 3 to 5 min sand to mm3200 three coats of the top coat dries to touch in 3 to 5 min, cure over night and sand to 1200 then buff, watch out for heat, will burn quick or melt. what I like is no CA Fumes. I still do the CA as it is faster for finishing, but will "take me longer" to finish a pen I end up doing a lot of sanding with CA finish, for some reason I get a "popcorn" finish when I do a CA finish, there is a good lower finish but end up with little white balls all over the surface of the CA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom