Gold Nugget El Grande

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DurocShark

DurocShark

I posted this over in casting, but thought I'd post here as well.

I cast gold leaf in PR and made this EG. The El Grande gets a lot of bad press (plastic parts), but it's one of my best sellers, and I *love* the feel of the pen. Being an inexpensive kit doesn't hurt either.

The blank:
goldnugget01.jpg

The pen:

elgrandeblkgldngt03.jpg

http://donimages.com/wood/images/elgrandeblkgldngt01.jpg
http://donimages.com/wood/images/elgrandeblkgldngt02.jpg
http://donimages.com/wood/images/elgrandeblkgldngt04.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mrs

Not sure why, but I can't get your photos to load. I do agree with you on the El Grande - I personally love that pen - I have one of my carry pens made from it.

Linda

DurocShark

Do the links load?

I've got a friend up in Silicon Valley that has intermittent connectivity trouble with my site for some reason too. I think it's time to jump ship and find a new host...

dasimm

Very nice. I'm in the middle of my first batch of El Grandes... I'll have to see how they do before I weigh in on my perception of this pen.

alphageek

Former Moderator
Thats really a cool put together pour.. I was shocked when I scrolled down a little to see the pen... Thats NOT how I would have pictured it from that pour. I assume you painted the inside of the blank or something like that. I really works well in black with the gold flecks.

MartinPens

Very sharp. It all really pulls together well. So you are casting the gold flakes on a black tube with clear resin? Sorry if this is a repeat question - I was too impatient to read all the threads. I like it and it would look good on several kits and more. hmmmm
Martin

DurocShark

Very sharp. It all really pulls together well. So you are casting the gold flakes on a black tube with clear resin? Sorry if this is a repeat question - I was too impatient to read all the threads. I like it and it would look good on several kits and more. hmmmm
Martin

No, the blank is a full 3/4" round. I drill it then paint the inside of the hole. The El Grande kit was from Arizona Silhouette I think.

Here's a denser version of that blank. The OP of this thread was an early attempt:

Fountain Pen Nib 2 by DurocShark, on Flickr

Lenny

Stunning!
I love that cast blank! I have only recently tried a couple El Grandes (the Streamline version) but so far I think they are very nice for an inexpensive set of components.
Congrats on the front page! :)

MartinPens

Congrats on the front page. Such a classy, impressive pen. The El Grande is the only pen I have had customers return due to problems with the parts coming loose or falling apart. Do you sell these blanks? I would love to put one on a Cambridge Hybrid or Roman Harvest.
Congrats again! Fantastic pen and great photography of the pen. Well done.

Martin

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Top Bottom