Gold Majestic feather pen with a green base

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mervyn

mervyn

Hi all, just thought I would show you another feather pen, the only feathers I can remember where used is the Amherst pheasant, sorry cannot remember what the others where without checking.

The kit is from PSI, using a Majestic roller ball with 22k and rhodium plating.
Any comments would be good.

Regards Meryn

green-feather2.jpg

gree-feather1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Absolutely beautiful. Of all the feather pens I have seen, this one stands out.
Using that base was great. Super job!

medemt

First off, outstanding job Meryn. I think those feather blanks are so awesome.

Is there place to buy these feather blanks? Is there any kind of tutorial about how to make these blanks?

One of these days when I get better at penmaking, I would like to try my hand at these.

Thanks for the post.

Dan

Rick_G

First off, outstanding job Meryn. I think those feather blanks are so awesome.

Is there place to buy these feather blanks? Is there any kind of tutorial about how to make these blanks?

One of these days when I get better at penmaking, I would like to try my hand at these.

Thanks for the post.

Dan

Dan tutorial here http://content.penturners.org/articles/2010/casting_feather_blanks.pdf

A great looking pen. I'm just starting to play with some clear cast so maybe someday....

mervyn

Many thanks guys, Shane's tutorial is just outstanding and this is where I got it from, then I just found my own technique that worked for me, I already had the knowledge of casting and some good basic ideas of tying feathers, although this is nothing like tying lures.
Many thanks again.

PS cheers John one day I will have to give your method a go, love your great work John.

Merv

medemt

Rick,

Thank you so much for taking the time to list the link. I looked in the libray and did not see it. I found it finally in the 2010 articles.

Again, Thank you.

Dan

Top Bottom