Gold Dust

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from joefyffe

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
This is my first kitless "clicker". 'Twas fun making. Thanks go to Hans for a wonderfully written tutorial, to Mike and Linda for allowing me to choose a clip from their inventory, and Richard Greenwald for the best feeling click mechanism I have ever felt on a ball point. Comments and Critique welcome.

Attachments

• Gold Dust.jpg
    Gold Dust.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 381
  • Gold Dust2.jpg
    Gold Dust2.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 258
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
I like the shape of the pen Joe. Nice work. Is this a black & white photo? :biggrin:

That's so you wouldn't be able to see the fingerprints!!! LOL Good catch! It's actually in color but, for some reason, didn't show much color (of course there isn't much color in black and sparse, small, gold flakes to show) and I was unable to get the feeeeenominal shine :) to show up. I'm working on a red one now, and I have a blank cast for a blue/purple one. We'll see how they look. Tanks 4 lookin!

PenMan1

Nice looking pen, Joe! I like everything about it.

I just bought several of these click mechanisms from Richard. So far, it beats every other click mechanism I've used AND you can change your design just by adding to or shortening the click shaft. Very soon, I'll know how it does with a "CAPLESS" rollerball refill!

Very well done!

Last edited:

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Nice looking pen, Joe! I like everything about it.

I just bought several of these click mechanisms from Richard. So far, it beats every other click mechanism I've used AND you can change your design just by adding to or shortening the click shaft. Very soon, I'll know how it does with a "CAPLESS" rollerball refill!

Very well done!

Andy: Coming from you, as well as the others, makes me feel good. Capless rollerball, hhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Keep me posted on that one please. :)

Brooks803

Looks great Joe! That really is a silky smooth mech isn't it? Love the single body design along with the blank. Very subtle but has that wow factor. Makes me want to toss my current project aside and make myself one!

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Looks great Joe! That really is a silky smooth mech isn't it? Love the single body design along with the blank. Very subtle but has that wow factor. Makes me want to toss my current project aside and make myself one!

Thanks Jonathon! Especially meaningful, coming from the "King of Casting" :)

Last edited:

hewunch

I was away this week so I missed this post. I think the pen looks fantastic! Great work and glad to have helped in some small way.

Top Bottom