Gold Baron in Green and Gold

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brian G

Brian G

Baron Stand.jpg

The blank was from a lot of El Mostro "I'm cleaning up the extras" offer a few months ago. I'm not a big fan of gold plating, but this blank screamed "I need to be matched with a gold plated component set."

Baron T.jpg

This was my first custom finial and it only took one try! I also made a custom accent ring in the center band because the black accent ring didn't look right with the custom finial. That took two attempts to get right. Somehow, I measure the diameter wrong and the first attempt was 0.03" too large and too evident to let go.

Here is a closer photo of the cap. The accent ring is flush with the center band, even though the photograph looks like it isn't. Must be some kind of illusion.

Baron Cap.jpg

I'm still working on setting the white balance correctly to avoid the dirty sock background. I can't re-do this one because the pen was a gift to my brother for his new job, and I gave him the pen over the past weekend.

Thanks for looking and C&C are welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

Great workmanship Brian !! Opening day of Packer's training camp today. Could have gotten you some big money for your pen. Opps !! I forgot you have those purple people over there. Does anyone know you made a green and gold pen in MN. Wish your team the second best this season. Jim S

BSea

Great job. And a finial on your 1st try is great. And an accent ring on your 2nd try is even better. I seem to make 2 every time I try that. And if you want a real challenge, try a wooden ring.

rblakemore

Really nice; I like the green and gold! The style and lines are nice too.
Good work on the finial and accent ring; you inspire me to try that next!!

Brian G

Thank you, Brian. I have a few other completed pens for which I think I might customize the finials. Having a chuck makes turning them easier.

Jim, I live in a split household. I'm thankful for a shop TV in the fall. :biggrin:

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Stunning pen, Brain. I really like the blank, perfect pairing with the kit, great custom finial and spot on fit and finish. You really nailed this one.

Top Bottom