Gold and "Quartz" cast acrylic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from elody21

Status
Not open for further replies.

elody21

Ever since I went to Alaska I have been in love with gold in it's natural state, veined in white quartz. I have been longing for material to duplicate this to use in a pen. This is my most favorite pen that I have ever made in three years. It is with out a doubt a "girly" pen! The necklace is a real piece of gold and quartz bought in Alaska.

2005121155151_goldandquartz.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

I will secound that opion [:)] Absolutely STUNNING [:p]

Now that's a recipie, I would kill for [:D]

Wonderfull Alice, pefect picture as well, your learning curve is REAL short. [;)]

Anthony

Fred in NC

I agree with Tom. I think you should consider selling blanks.
It takes a lot of supplies to make these blanks. It is not only the resin, but lots of dyes, pigments, molds etc. For the number of blanks I would be using, the initial investment would be kind of high.

Ah, and I don't have a "stink sucker" either !!

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
WoW Alice, very impressive...you definitely have the Midas touch...that is outstanding..

...and should you consider selling blanks that look like that..please put my name on that list also. [:)]

JohnPayton

elocyar

<b>WOW</b>, That looks like the real thing.
Did you use Gold in the casting?
Thanks
Ray

elody21

I am overwelmed with the positive response to my cast pen! You are all so kind! I might consider selling the blanks. I just need to make a few and see the $ and time involved. I will get back to all of you on this.

Rifleman1776

The positive responses were well earned. That is as high class and elegant a piece of crafts(wo)manship I have ever seen. It rises above the norm and is a item of jewelry. Please do consider making the blanks available for sale.

Originally posted by elody21
<br />I am overwelmed with the positive response to my cast pen! You are all so kind! I might consider selling the blanks. I just need to make a few and see the $ and time involved. I will get back to all of you on this.

Daniel

Wow! and again WOW! that is extremely elegant. and may I ad your photos does do it justice. top drawer in every way. as is mentioned above. likened to jewelery. you have struck upon a new venue. well done and my incouragment to continue along this avenue. wouldn't mind a piece or two.... or twelve of these myself

timdaleiden

Very nice pen. I wanted to do something like that for a long time. I wanted to use gold flake, but never found any. I found a lot of nugget through Google searches, but never Gold flake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom