Going to Africa

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rd_ab_penman

rd_ab_penman

A customer brought me a Norma .470 Nitro Express nickle plated de-primed casing and a Woodleigh .470 Nitro Express .474 500 GR FMJ projectile and wanted to see if I could make him a pen to take to Africa for his hunting guide friend who uses this ammunition.

This is what I managed to come up with and put a piece of Whitetail deer antler in the primer hole.

A bit cumbersome to write with but I'm sure it will be a great conversation piece as it can actually be chambered into an express type rifle.

Will be interesting to hear how he has figured out how to get it through security, I think his wife will have a lot do do with getting it through.

The .470 Nitro Express is a cartridge developed in England for very large or dangerous game hunting. This cartridge is used almost exclusively in single shot and double express rifles for hunting in the tropics or hot climate. It is in wide use in the Southern and Central-East African region, favored by hunting guides, primarily while out for Cape buffalo and elephant.

Currently a box of 20 costs $350.00!!

Les

DSC07772.jpg

DSC07776.jpg

DSC07780.jpg

DSC07790.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

Outstanding work Les! You should but a coin or something that people can relate to for size purposes, so those that aren't familiar with how big that round is, will know.

thewishman

Outstanding work Les! You should but a coin or something that people can relate to for size purposes, so those that aren't familiar with how big that round is, will know.

Seamus, Seamus, Seamus - always with the coins...:biggrin::biggrin:

Les, that is a really sharp pen. It looks absolutely professional.

Those are really beautiful. I would hate to be out hunting Cape Buffalo and accidentally put one of those in my gun though... They really look real.

corian king

Very nice and beautiful Pen. I'm just not sure I would like the tip sticking out like that or is that in the out postion?
Otherwise I really like the pen.Great work.

Top Bottom