Glued up Baron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from cigarman

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigarman

This is Africian Blackwood and Birch. Please give me your opinions.

2005816183352_PICT0267.jpg

2005816183746_PICT0266.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Are my eyes deceiving me or is that blackwood blue? I like the glue up. It may look more balanced if the lineup was a little closer when the pen is closed. Looks liek a 1/4 turn would work.

JimGo

I agree...that's the bluest blackwood I've seen! I like the glue-up, but I agree with Pastor Bill, I'd like to see the angles line up better when closed. One neat aspect of this design, though, is that the user has the option of whether the angles run parallel or perpendicular to each other, which is kind of neat!

If you want more technical analyses, I'd suggest retaking the photos (the bottom one is also a little blurry) and putting them in the Critiques forum. Be prepared for some comments that you won't like (at least, that happens to me a lot!) - however, the constructive criticism you get will typically make it worthwhile.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
I believe, based on the grain, that the blue is dyed birch and the off-white is blackwood (sapwood). Nice job on the pen and an excellent job at mis-direction.

C_Ludwigsen

Considering the black threaded parts on the hardware came out blue, I would say his image got messed up. I doubt this is a dye job. Unless he dyed the hardware too.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Originally posted by C_Ludwigsen
<br />Considering the black threaded parts on the hardware came out blue, I would say his image got messed up. I doubt this is a dye job. Unless he dyed the hardware too.

2005816224417_Interesting.jpg
<br />

How's this for evidence? [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom