Glow pen experiment

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from redwd707

redwd707

Just finished this one. Had this idea for awhile, although I don't think Im really breaking new ground here. Glow powder mixed with epoxy, from TexasKnifemakerSupply. IIRC, they had several glow colors and a bunch of flat colors (red, blue, black etc.) Lemme know what you think. The dark pic doesnt look too hot, but you get the idea.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• glwpenmoss.jpg
    glwpenmoss.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 318
  • glwpendrk.jpg
    glwpendrk.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 397
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I like the whole thing. The composition suits the body of the pen and it screams alien encounter or something like that. On any other kit it wouldn't be as cool I think.

corian king

Very Nice!! I have also been thinking about casting with the glow powders but I just kept putting it off.Now after seeing your great job I might give it a try.

ctubbs

The pen is great, however my question is about how you did the photo for 'glow in the dark' and could still see the pen.
Charles

redwd707

The kit is an Executive rhodium from PSI. Its pretty much styled after the Parker Duofold, although I like to make the barrel a little thicker. I'm a big fan of this kit, but its appeal is not universal, apparently.:biggrin:
Yes, the pen does glow in the dark. Its the standard "charge in the light and it glows for awhile" kinda stuff. It comes as a fine powder that you mix with epoxy or whatever. It does seem to glow brighter and longer than these types of things usually do, and it's available in blue as well.
The dark photo is in a dark bathroom, but my auto camera gave it an extra long exposure.:redface: I kinda just figured good enough.:rolleyes:

PTsideshow

Pretty slick,
redwd707 said:
Glow powder mixed with epoxy, from TexasKnifemakerSupply

Do you remember what it was listed under, as doing a couple of searches on their site and going thru all the usual heading can't find it?
Does any body have a supply source?
Thanks
:clown:

Top Bottom