Glow in the dark pine cone and prickly pear cactus pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from crabcreekind

crabcreekind

Here is 2 pens that I made yesterday.

First is made from my neon green glow in the dark pine cone pen blank put on a chrome virage pen kit. Reverse painted white, CA finish

Second is made from a neon green Glow in the dark prickly pear cactus blanks that I cast. I put it on a blk TI Jr gent 2 rollerball. Also reverse painted white, CA finish.

These glow very well in the dark even after turned. But I can't photograph it well (or at all for that matter) because my camera kind of sucks. But I will try some more.

Let me know whatcha think :biggrin:

Attachments

• 100_9646.jpg
    100_9646.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 421
  • 100_9648.jpg
    100_9648.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 580
  • 100_9649.jpg
    100_9649.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 461
  • 100_9650.jpg
    100_9650.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 347
  • 100_9651.jpg
    100_9651.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 488
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jyreene

I like the pine cone. The prickly pair isn't my thing as is but it could just be the color.

How do you like the virage? I've done one and wish the front end wasn't pressed in but rather a screw in like the rollerball.

crabcreekind

I like the pine cone. The prickly pair isn't my thing as is but it could just be the color.

How do you like the virage? I've done one and wish the front end wasn't pressed in but rather a screw in like the rollerball.

I really like the virage. easy to make and I like it more than the normal sierra because it is skinnier and doesn't come apart as easy. The front end doesn't bother me, I think it is a good design because it still unscrews like a sierra to change the refill. Not a bad kit for the money. Simple and good looking. Just like the atrax which is another favorite of mine because of simplicity.

jyreene

Doesn't the tip end still press fit in and the transmission just unscrew?

Sorry not trying to hijack your pen thread. Just curious.

jyreene

Your blanks are some I plan on buying soon. Just not quite yet! So many things I want and still no winning lottery ticket found.

crabcreekind

Doesn't the tip end still press fit in and the transmission just unscrew?

Sorry not trying to hijack your pen thread. Just curious.

Yea there is a little tube thingy that you press in the a coupler then screw in the transmission. Isn't that standard on most twist pens though?

jyreene

I know that us the case in the virage, Sierra, elegant Sierra, slimline, Toni twist, and wallstreets. I'm sure there are more. However on nouveau scepter ballpoint, majestic squire and I think the gatsby you unscrew the tip or the end to change the ink.

Top Bottom