A Glass Pen!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from UKpenmaker

UKpenmaker

Well there is glass in it.:rolleyes::redface:

This is a blank made by our own Pr Princess & Ed, made from dichroic glass strands cast in resin.

It looks a lot better in real life, a right bear to try and get a good photo.

IMG_0544.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Andy you did a nice job, Dichroic is very hard to show the effect of in a photograph, but I've worked with it and can appreciate the look.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Andy you did a nice job, Dichroic is very hard to show the effect of in a photograph, but I've worked with it and can appreciate the look.

Ditto. These dichroics are perfect examples of that old phrase...

...'the pic doesn't do it any justice'

I love how they change colour as you move it around too.:biggrin:

bgibb42

Looks pretty nice to me. Note to self - add glass to the to do list.

Same here.

Every time I check out Exotic's website though, they never show any in stock. Is this a special order item? Am I missing something?

Great looking pen, though! :)

angboy

Wow!... I'm speechless! And I want one of those blanks. What do I have to do to get one? Sell a body part? Blackmail someone? ... let's see, do I know anything incriminating about Dawn or Ed (shucks.. the answer is no, OK, onto plan C...). Give away my firstborn child- which would I guess require me to have a child first...? Sleep with someone... which might lead to said child that I could then give away and maybe then I could get TWO of the blanks?

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Wow!... I'm speechless! And I want one of those blanks. What do I have to do to get one? Sell a body part? Blackmail someone? ... let's see, do I know anything incriminating about Dawn or Ed (shucks.. the answer is no, OK, onto plan C...). Give away my firstborn child- which would I guess require me to have a child first...? Sleep with someone... which might lead to said child that I could then give away and maybe then I could get TWO of the blanks?

Sorry, Angy!!

I learned long ago I couldn't give away MY children, people just realize that the upkeep is hell!!

We might be able to arrange that "sleeping with someone". You realize, at my age, as soon as I hit a bed, SLEEPING is the activity. No need to worry about firstborns. But, NO RESTRICTIONS on dreams and fantasies!!!

Speaking of dreams and fantasies--have you seen Dawn's dichroic blanks??? They are REALLY cool. (one time out of about three) The other times, there is a minescule bubble or a wayward air pocket and Dawn won't accept that!! I don't know why, since each blank takes a couple hours to make and days to finalize.

So, that's the "short version" of dichroic glass pen blanks. Oh, and when they ARE successful, it has to be on a sierra vista--they are FAT little devils.

She is looking for alternative ways to do this. IF she finds the "foolproof" way, we will have them available. But as someone's signature line says, "Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently motivated fool". (No reflection on YOU meant, but I have run into a few!!)

So, keep those fantasies alive!!!! (If you don't have a dream, you will never have a dream come true!!):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom