Glass Nib Dip Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BRobbins629

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Started to play a little with glass and figured why not make a few nibs. Most write pretty well, but made need a little smoothing. Was able to fit one in an existing section I had just to try it out. May even be able to use with a convertor if I can seal everything off. Plenty of things to try, but here is my first. Here's a picture of the pen as well as some of the first batch of nibs.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• It writes.JPG
    It writes.JPG
    190.7 KB · Views: 484
  • Nibs.JPG
    Nibs.JPG
    155.3 KB · Views: 466
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ChrisN

Very creative! I'd be afraid of breakage, though. Did you make any flex nibs?:tongue::tongue:

Charlie_W

Bruce,
It is very "clear" that you are going to generate a bit of interest with this nib!
The pen is top notch as well. Keep us updated with your progress.

PenMan1

You dog, you! I knew somebody would beat me to this! Nicely Done!

I've been trying for a WHILE. I've made a few pretty ones, but none that ACTUALLY WRITE!

Congratulations. Quite an accomplishment!!!!

PenMan1

If you can make one that uses a cartridge or converter and leave the writer with clean hands, you will indeed be a pen wizard!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Very nicely done Bruce !! It has been years since we saw glass nibs being shown here. Weren't you also involved with it way back then?

Don't listen to Glenn !! In fact you need to take a break for a while !!:wink::tongue:
I think a month should do it!!:biggrin:

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Thanks to all who commented.

Cool Bruce! Is the flow regulated somehow?
The flow is dependent on the width of the tip. Some of the ones I made are fine and some are broad. I have yet to start grinding or smoothing, but I think that would be the way to regulate flow. Also possible that some positions change flow.

Very nicely done Bruce !! It has been years since we saw glass nibs being shown here. Weren't you also involved with it way back then?
This are my first Skip. Just getting started.

Top Bottom