Glass Fiber Vertex

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from plantman

plantman

This is a Glass fiber inbedded in cast resin on a PSI Vertex Supreme magnetic Rollerball kit in Chrome, with 24K Gold accents. Finished to 12,000 grit and two coats of One-Step Plastic Polish. Jim S

Attachments

• DSCF0001 (640x298).jpg
    DSCF0001 (640x298).jpg
    222 KB · Views: 304
  • DSCF0002 (640x481) (2).jpg
    DSCF0002 (640x481) (2).jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 207
  • DSCF0003 (640x213).jpg
    DSCF0003 (640x213).jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 187
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Did you cast this or is this a bought blank??? Thinking outside the box here it would look really cool if you used a black carbon fiber top. That is the way to take your pens to the next level. Nice job and thanks for showing.

SDB777

This type of blank makes this kit a little easier to handle(I'm not a big fan of the kit), and your making me re-think trying a few like this, with this material!!!

Well turned!!!!

Scott (industrial coolness) B

plantman

Did you cast this or is this a bought blank??? Thinking outside the box here it would look really cool if you used a black carbon fiber top. That is the way to take your pens to the next level. Nice job and thanks for showing.

John; I was going to cast the blanks myself, but ran across them on sale at Craft Supplies USA for less than $10 with tubes already installed. Regulary priced at $14.95. No casting, drilling, or glueing, just turn and polish. Can't beat that !! I do have some black Carbon fiber, but find that if the light doesn't hit it just right, or you don't tell someone what it is, they don't notice it. These blanks also come in a blue glass fiber that I will turn on a more expensive kit. Thanks for the comments and sugestions. Jim S

Janster

Great F&F . I like it other than the KIT that it is on. I just find the geometry of the kit does not flow with the basic tubular design of most pens. JMHO. The craftmenship is exellent! Be well..........Jan

plantman

Thanks for the feedback everyone !! To Jan; Maybe if I explain the reasons why I chose this blank and this pen you will better understand my choises. I am a car nut, and worked with a lot of fiberglass. I also like Corvettes. Fiberglass bodys. The vertex has a manly bolt like body. Therefore I feel the two go together. It is not a real expensive kit, but it appeals to an expensive buyer. The design isn't made to flow with most pens, but to stand out there by itself. Everyone has their own tastes, or we would all look alike. Pease to you and your's. Jim S

Last edited:

Janster

Thanks for the feedback everyone !! To Jan; Maybe if I explain the reasons why I chose this blank and this pen you will better understand my choises. I am a car nut, and worked with a lot of fiberglass. I also like Corvettes. Fiberglass bodys. The vertex has a manly bolt like body. Therefore I feel the two go together. It is not a real expensive kit, but it appeals to an expensive buyer. The design isn't made to flow with most pens, but to stand out there by itself. Everyone has their own tastes, or we would all look alike. Pease to you and your's. Jim S
There is a reason to each and every pen ( item) we make. I totaly understand where you are coming from! Your craftsmenship is outstanding! You KNOW, my comments were just of my personal appeals. Be well.........Jan

Last edited:

plantman

Hi Jan; I think you have hit on a very good point about there being a reason for what we make, and why we made it that way. If I had explained why I put the glass fiber, and the chrome Vertex together in my thread in the first place, more people would have understood the reasoning behind it. Many times I look at photos and wonder why people did what they did. If a little more explanation were given, the light in my head would have come on sooner, and made more sense of what is being shown and why. Good point made. Peace !! Jim S

Last edited:
Top Bottom