Giveaways

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dario

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dario

These are giveaways for LOML's new friends. During her 7 week review in Dallas...ending this Friday, she met and made a few friends and these are their gifts. The Jr Gent is for the brother of one that I met when I dropped her off.

I hope they like it. :)

2Tone Cocobolo TN Gold Sierra
P1030633a.jpg

Curly Koa TN Gold Sierra
P1030637a.jpg

2Tone Honduran Rosewood Burl PL Sierra (Thanks to Darick/Chitswoods)
P1030638a.jpg

Desert Ironwood Burl PL Sierra
P1030641a.jpg

TX MT Laurel PL Sierra
P1030645a.jpg

2Tone Red Mallee PL/Rho Jr Gent II RB (Thanks to Nolan/n4631x)
P1030646a.jpg

P1030653a.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

Micah,

You should know that I will do things for my wife that I won't normally do (even for myself) [:D].

The great thing with a hobby is that you enjoy making them even if it won't translate to money. I won't pretend that I don't like sales because I do...but the pleasure in giving is (as Mastercard puts it) "priceless". That and something that makes LOML proud and happy...double "PRICELESS". [^]

TBone

Send me her email address, I want to be her pen-pal too [:D]

As always Dario, great worksmanship and the finish is simply outstanding. I hope one day to get a finish half that good [:p]

Fred

Dario, your wife is indeed a "Bearer of great gifts!"

One thing though, what does one get if she' PO'ed at them? Maybe that shouldn't be made public! [:D]

I do honestly believe that anyone would be mighty proud to have any of these beauties. I am especially fond of the Two Tone Red Mallee PL/Rho Jr Gent II RB. That one is the slickest one in my opinion!

If they get turned down or something or the other I bet you could auction them off here to us good admirers of your work! [:)]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
All I can do is chime in.

NICE work, Dario. Your wife SHOULD be extremely popular with her friends!!

Will any of them be giving her a return gift of equal value, ......say...........oh,...........maybe a CAR!!!???[:)][:)]

Dario

Nolan,

I like the red mallee too but the cocobolo is close second. Shame that most of its features are not shown.

I am using a Panasonic DMC-FZ5 (an older 2005 model). I do love it since it is very compact (compared to its rivals of same features) and takes descent pictures. Price is right too...you can find it new as close to $300.00 if you look hard enough. Here is good 12 page review on it.
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonicfz5/

From there:
Review based on a production Panasonic DMC-FZ5

Announced just before PMA in February 2005, the DMC-FZ5 is one of two direct sucessors to the popular (and dpreview Highly Recommended) DMC-FZ3. Like its predecessor the FZ5 sports a Leica-branded DC Vario-Elmarit zoom with a whopping 12x optical range (35-420mm equiv), though the larger sensor has resulted in a slightly slower F2.8-F3.3 aperture range. It also boasts the same newly-improved optical image stabilization system and the Venus II engine, which, according to Panasonic's documentation, is now equivalent to shooting at 3 or 4 shutter speed steps faster - (the figure for the FZ20 was quoted as 2 or 3 shutter speed steps).

Aside from the boost from 3 to 5 million pixels (bringing it in line with the high-end DMC-FZ20), the FZ5 has a range of relatively minor changes over the FZ3, including longer battery life, a repositioned shutter release and improved grip design, larger LCD screen, orientation sensor and a new fast focus mode, which Panasonic claims gives a 30% improvement on the previous model.

* 5.0 million effective pixels
* 36 - 432mm (equiv.) F2.8-3.3, 12x Leica DC VARIO-ELMARIT Zoom Lens
* Mega O.I.S (optical image stabilisation)
* 1.8-inch colour screen
* New fast focus mode
* Improved battery life
* New orientation sensor
* Venus II image processing engine
* 9 scene modes and full photographic control
* TIFF mode
* Ultra-fast startup, focus, shutter lag and shot-to-shot time
* 'Simple' mode for novice photographers

Scott

Dario!

Those are super pens! And I have to agree with your sentiments about doing something the Wife can be proud of. Absolutely priceless!

Scott.

Firefyter-emt

Originally posted by ed4copies
<br />All I can do is chime in.

NICE work, Dario. Your wife SHOULD be extremely popular with her friends!!

Will any of them be giving her a return gift of equal value, ......say...........oh,...........maybe a CAR!!!???[:)][:)]

Or maybe a nice SUV... like a Highlander, Tahoe or maybe even a Humm.. Nawh, I can't do it! [}:)]

Awesome finish there Dario!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom