Give that man a cigar.......

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gad5264

gad5264

This is my first attemot at a cigar kit. The wood is Honduran Rosewood.

Other than the photography (I know I need to work on it), I always welcome critiquing from the experts here.

200871011534_Cigar_HonduranRosewood_A1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

redfishsc

Your choice of wood and pen worked well. The cigar shows off wild grain patterns like what you have.

I can't tell, is the plating gold? I would hope so--- the medium/dark brown you have screams for either gold or black ti.

Nice shape too--- great job.

BEWARE THE BUSHING SWAP. THIS PEN IS NOTORIOUS FOR CAUSING HEADACHES BY SWAPPING THE BUSHINGS! I did it last weekend, but not that I'm going to tell you....doh[B)] I had two osage cigars to make and accidentally chucked up two short blanks instead of a short and a long.

I managed to salvage one of the pens by turning the corresponding long blank, but the other blank was ruined.

stevers

Bushing swap,,,,,what's that? I've never done that. I don't have "any" blanks in a box under the bench that I swapped the bushings on. (sarcasm intended)

Nice job Grant. Looks like the lower barrel dives in a little in the middle. Be carefull, those cigars are pretty thin on that lower tube. Nice first Cigar. The Cigar is one of my favorite pens. I like the fact that there is no trans to press in yet it is still a twist pen. It's one of the few "I" turn like that.

bitshird

Grant, Great blank, As Steve said watch the shape of the lower barrel, with wood like that it would have been nicer to see a slight outward bulge in the barrel and the cap, and remember this is a pen forum , photography is secondary, the Pen shall conquer all else.
All in all I'd say a decent job for a first try on a cigar,
Frankly I have no clue what the others are talking about swapping bushings [:0][:0][:0]

Good looking pen... the cigar is one of my favorites to make.. just wish they sold better.. to date (all fingers crossed)[:p] I haven't been afflicted with the "Bushing Swap Syndrome", but I pay close attention to other's admission of "sometimes, perhaps, maybe once in a great while", that they may have made that mistake and always check my bushings very closely before I chuck up a blank.;);)

Skye

Originally posted by VisExp

The lower barrel looks a bit concave.

That's funny because I said the same thing on TPS. I think I was mistaken though, I think there's a shadow on the left side near the centerband that makes the left side look really concave. Better photos would be good.

Top Bottom