Gisi inspired pen.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MgM

MgM

I,m a big fan of Gisi pens. I think that they are a little busy at times but I appreciate the work that goes into them. Here's a pen copying one of their pens.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

darrin1200

I don't think your pens are that busy. You have achieved a nice balance between the small band sections and the large squares. The colours also go well together.

I have about 10 drawings in my idea journal, but havn't talked myself into trying yet. I believe theses are very demanding pen designs.

Congratualations.

Darrin
Timber Elegance

Craftdiggity

That is some awesome segmenting work there, Mark. And since you already did it, that means that I don't have to, because it's been done. Thank God because I don't have the patience to even think up something that complex. How many hours do you think you have in that pen?

beck3906

I'm always amzed at the amount of work that goes in to this style of pen.

Do you have special tools to make the segments? I know some folks use the Byrnes machines to get the accuracy.

PenMan1

I don't think your pen looks "busy" at all! It looks like a very deliberate and precise plan. From the photo, it looks like flawless execution. I would buy this pen in an instant, BUT you should keep it on your display table, not for sale, but instead as an example of your craftsmanship.

You'll be surprised at the people who will say "can you do this part, leave out this part and make it in my high school colors, etc." This pen could be the greatest sales tool that you could bring to the booth.

MgM

I'm always amzed at the amount of work that goes in to this style of pen.

Do you have special tools to make the segments? I know some folks use the Byrnes machines to get the accuracy.

I cut everything on a 10" table saw with a 71/4 thin kerf blade. I have a small parts sled and use a lot of turners tape. I think I have about 10 hours into pen. It took about 1 hour to figure out what wood to use. Thank You everyone for your comments.

Last edited:

JohnU

Super Job! I was very insipred by the Gisi style pens when I first started out. Ive never done anything quite that envolved but when I do, I hope it looks half as good as yours. I really like your selection of material and how it all complements each other.

Top Bottom