Gifts for My SIL To Give

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PaulDoug

PaulDoug

My Son-In-Law asked me if I could make him 6 back to back cartridge pens for him to give to his co-workers. They loved the one I made him several years ago. This is what I did. Made boxes for each and a felt inserts. I have the first pen done. I wanted to complete one to see if I remembered how to do it. I have the other 5 about 3/4 done, doing them production style. He doesn't know about the boxes and felt inserts. I think he will be surprised. If I get my decal paper here in time the boxes will have the second amendment on the lids.

Attachments

• IMG_1442.JPG
    IMG_1442.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

turncrazy43

Very, Very nice. Your mod. is great and the box is first class.

"Every day I'am vertical is a great day"

SDB777

He must really like his co-workers!!

Who would have thought the Streamline centerbands could look so good? But it 'fits' right in with these!!! Well done on everything!

Scott (without the 2nd, there'd be no 1st) B

PaulDoug

Thank for your comments. Just to be clear, I didn't come up with this idea. When I first started pen making, I joined several forums. This pen was on the "The Pen Shop" forum and a gentleman name Dale Johnson did a nice tutorial on it. I still have parts of the tutorial but a page is missing. They are fun to make, least to me. He used .308 cartridges, I use what ever I have at the time. These pens are .270 cal. on the bottom and .243 cal. on the top. I like it, for some reason, the best of all the combo's I have made.

PaulDoug

FINISHED! And I only destroyed one cartridge and transmission putting them together.

Attachments

• IMG_1443.JPG
    IMG_1443.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 102
Top Bottom